Written by Eleazar Ben Kalir it became part of the Romaniote liturgy in the 7th century from which it passed into the Ashkenazi and Sephardic liturgy. It is an extremely important piyyut for Messianic Noahites to say on Yom Kippur. Sadly, since the death of their Messiah, the Messianic Chabadniks have been making a concerted effort to get it removed from all Machzorim.
NB There is no other Yeshua relevant for Noahites.
The Seder Shofar Prayer
יְהִי רָצוֹן מִלְפָנֶיךָ,
- Yehee ratson mil-fan-eicha,
- May it be your will from your presence
שֶׁתְּקִיעַת תשר"ת שֶׁאֲנַחְנוּ תּוֹקְעִין,
- shet-kee-at TaShRaT she-anachnu toke-een,
- That the blowing of Tekiah:Shevarim:Teruah:Tekiah that we blow,
תְּהֵא מְרוּקֶּמֶת בִּירִיעָה,
- tee-heh me-ru-kemet be yeree-ah
- will be woven in a curtain
עַל יְדֵי הַמְּמוּנֶּה (טרטיאל),
- al yadei ha-memu-neh (Tartiel)
- by hand of the one in charge, (Tartiel)
כְּשֵׁם שֶׁקִּבַּלְתָּ עַל יְדֵי אֵלִיָהוּ ז"ל (וִישׁוּעַ שַׂר הַפָּנִים) וְשַׂר מט"ט,
- ke-SHEM she-kibalta al yad Eliyahu zachur la-tov
- (vi-YESHUA Sar HaPanim) ve-Sar Metatron,
- as a name that you have received by the hand of Eliyahu remembered for good
- (and YESHUA Prince of the Presence) and Prince Metatron,
וּתְמַלֵּא עָלֵינוּ בְּרַחֲמִים.
- VE-TEMALEH ALEINU RACHA-MEEM.
- AND YOU WILL FILL US WITH MERCY.
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה בַּעַל הָרַחֲמִים:
- Baruch atah Ba-al ha-racha-meem
- Blessed are You Master of Mercy
This prayer is said after the first Shofar Blasts on Rosh HaShana.
The Sefer HaChesheq 24 says: Do not think in your hearts during this prayer that because he is associated with great power the Sar HaPanim is A god (ie alongside HaShem). Only HaShem is a (unique) God as well as a (unique) King (there is no King Messiah but HaShem). MemTet is an extension of HaShem's Will.
Sar HaPanim Sources
Rav Akiva says that Sar haPanim is the Messiah.
Ohr Chayim on Holy Sparks says that there is a type of holy spark that is attached to the Qelipah and which cannot emerge at all. It cannot develop into a holy soul that is born and eventually joins the Jewish people. Rather it is enmeshed within the Qelipah and it has no way to separate from it other than through the Jews being pained through the suffering of exile OR through the blows inflicted upon them. Through this suffering the holiness within these nations can be extracted and returned to its root to become part of the Jewish people. See Az mi-lifnei vereishit.
The Ramchal in Ma'amar HaGeulah (in Siman 36) says that there are three states of holiness which fell downwards....
- there are holy sparks which are the neshamot that are destined to emerge.
- There are holy sparks that belong to the spiritual luminaries themselves.
- There are holy sparks which sustain the sitra achra.
All of these states need to be elevated and there are three functions at three appointed times which are needed to elevate them.
- The neshamot emerge first. When the process of their emergence is completed then the redemption will occur.
- The parts that belong to the spiritual luminaries will become manifest with the advent of Mashiach ben Yosef. If the generation is unworthy, then he will have to die and in death he will elevate them.
Ramchal says that all the sparks of holiness must be returned to their original place, then the exiles will be gathered in.
The greater sparks of Holiness have been completely removed from the Qelipah and the only ones left are those in the heel. Sar haPanim is the Yod taken from Esav's heel which redeems the sparks from Qelipah as when the "feet touch the feet". If the generation is worthy then Sar HaPanim will come on the clouds of Glory. If the generation is unworthy then he will come riding on a donkey. If worthy then the nations will be removed from the Qelipah through Torah study. If unworthy then they will be removed through physical violence.
Sar HaPanim is currently binding wounds at the gates of Rome (Edom) from whence he will come to bring about the Messianic Era.
Kinat Ad*nai Tzevaot says that there is a Great Rome and there is a Small Rome and there the Mashiachim (Sar HaPanim) sit, one in terms of Great Rome and one in terms of Small Rome and from there the sparks needed for Israel are sorted. And their suffering eases the punishment of Israel.