This is a discussion page for comments on the current page.
- Press the "+" button above to add a comment to the end of the page.
- Press the "signature" button (second from right) to end of your comment (it will add four tildes ~ )
Abrahamson 11:09, 4 July 2006 (EDT)
Types of Rulings
Noahide legal rulings are composed of three kinds of rulings.
- The Seven Laws - the basis of all proper religion and belief
- Expansion of the Seven Laws - derived laws from the first seven, either through logic or comparison with Jewish law.
- National Laws - rules that are appropriate for a particular country, merchants and trades regulations to promote justice.
I divided the legal rulings into the above three sections following Rabbi Lichtenstein. It reflects the Divine Law, laws derived from logic, and laws derived by custom/convention. Your text seems to loose this distinction. I would recommend return the previous text. --Abrahamson 15:48, 19 May 2008 (EDT)