From Wikinoah English
A Tanakhic word meaning "precious/adorable/treasure" when used as a noun as in:
- Hosea 9:6, God's Temple (Mahmad) will be overtaken by nettles
- Lamentations 1:10, God's Temple (Mahmad) will be trampled by the Gentiles
- Isaiah 64:11, God's Temple (Mahmad) is laid waste
- Joel 3:5, God's Temple (Mahmad) will be misappropriated by Gentiles
- and especially Ezekiel 24:16-25 God will take away Israel's Mahmad (God's Temple).
In plural form the Hebrew word Mahmad becomes Mahamadim (מחמדים).